Provenance seeks to advance the following United Nations Sustainable Development Goals
Ensure sustainable consumption and production patterns
We are a small tech startup that’s growing fast. If you share our mission for a more transparent system for commerce, and have unique skills or bucket loads of passion to contribute, join us!
Job LevelJunior Manager
Provenance is using tech to power the transparency movement – helping brands bring their supply chain and impact behind products to shoppers that care, enabling a more conscious, fair, and low-impact consumption.
We are hiring an Executive Assistant to support our Founder and CEO, Jessi Baker. If you’re an organised quick thinker with great communications skills and interested in helping to build a values and mission driven organisation we’d love to hear from you. Ideally we are looking for someone interested in social impact and company culture building.
Jessi’s current assistant has moved into a new role within the company, so we are looking for her replacement. This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a pioneering leader in tech and social impact. You’ll work in a fast-paced environment and gain exposure to influential and inspiring people and organisations in tech for good.
It’s a highly flexible role, can be done remotely and we are open to this being a part-time position if preferred. You’ll be joining a dynamic team of passionate people working together to enable commerce as a force for good.
Working as an Executive Assistant at Provenance, you will be responsible for:
Organisation, time management and administration
- Protecting and managing CEO’s time, including team needs from her time, and diary management both internal and external
- Managing inbound external requests to the CEO: Assessing opportunities, responding to and drafting emails as required, this might include research and preparation of supporting material.
- Preparation to aid effective meetings: Researching guests and topics, taking minutes, digesting action points and agreeing NDAs where needed
- Managing and organising the CEO’s network: Researching attendees ahead of events, keeping track of contacts/business cards and follow-ups etc. Make sure that any commercial contacts are adequately recorded in the CRM.
- Booking business travel and accommodation arrangements and managing itineraries for the CEO, and occasionally travel for team members, including expenses filing.
- Managing the company email inbox and triaging requests throughout the company and occasionally supporting office administration.
- Personal assistance: Help the CEO maximise her time by assisting with some personal admin tasks such as gift shopping and occasional errands.
Culture and team performance
- Working with the CEO to maintain an engaging, inclusive, purpose driven culture at the company: Including events organisation, creating and maintaining rhythms and rituals that make Provenance a great place to work.
- Support the CEO and COO on team design and employee progression: Work with COO to manage performance reviews and progression in the company.
- Help maintain our employer brand working with our Marketing Manager.
Media and PR
- Assist the Marketing Manager in organising media appearances and events for CEO.
- Support the CEO in preparation of content for various channels. For example preparing and proofreading media articles or presentations ahead of external events.
You’re looking for a role that brings purpose to your day job. You have an interest in future-facing technologies and want to enable positive change for people and planet.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
Skills and experience
- At least 2 years of executive assistant style experience in a similar startup or small business environment
- Demonstrable experience supporting business processes and company operations
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable working both autonomously and as part of a fast paced team
- Outstanding organisational and time management skills
- Comfortable taking initiative and managing competing deadlines
- Financially astute, self-motivated, organised and able to meet tight timelines
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations
- Passionate about working with a business with a strong social mission and looking for a positive purpose in the company they work for.
- Competitive salary
- Workplace pension
- Employee share option program (so you can own a piece of the company!)
- Flexible working options (both location and times)
- 25 days’ holiday (pro rata if part time), plus bank holidays and a half day off on your birthday
- Training and development
- Team workshops and regular social events
We are proudly Certified B-Corp and an Escape the City Top 100 winner. Read more on our mission here.
We believe in equal opportunities
It takes a diverse and inclusive community of passionate, talented and committed people to build a system to enable commerce to be a force for good. We’re an equal opportunity employer, so we welcome applications from people of all backgrounds, with different outlooks and experiences. We are well set up for collaborative remote working, with the full team working from home in the UK and other cities in Europe during the current lockdown.
We look forward to hearing from you!