Mindful Chef seeks to advance the following United Nations Sustainable Development Goals
End poverty in all its forms everywhere
End hunger, achieve food security and improved nutrition and promote sustainable agriculture
Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages
Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls
Build resilient infrastructure, promote inclusive and sustainable industrialization and foster innovation
Strengthen the means of implementation and revitalize the global partnership for sustainable development
Ensure sustainable consumption and production patterns
Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts
Make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable
Reduce inequality within and among countries
Description not set.
Other jobs you might be
An exciting opportunity to join the UK’s fastest growing and most loved recipe box company.
Job RoleLead Frontend Engineer
Salary BandCompetitive depending on experience (up to £100k)
IndustryFood & Beverage
Job LevelLead Engineer
Permanent employee, Full-time
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
An exciting opportunity to join the UK’s fastest growing and most loved recipe box company. Since starting in 2015 Mindful Chef has gone on to deliver over 5 million meals across the UK. The business has shot to the top of Trustpilot’s rankings making it officially the UK’s #1 rated recipe box and has the backing of big investors including Nestle. This is a rare opportunity to join this close-knit team with big ambitions.
A proud B Corp we focus on using business as a force for good, balancing people and planet with profit. We are looking for a Lead Frontend Engineer to join our engineering team. You will be happy working in a fast paced environment, have excellent attention to detail and strong communication skills.
If you would like to join one of the UK’s fastest growing startups and make a positive impact on people’s lives, we would love to hear from you.
● At least 6 years professional experience in software development, including at least 2 with leadership responsibilities.
● Great communication skills, ability to discuss product and technical issues with ease
● Experience with modern web development, using React/Next.js
● Strong understanding of software design, caching, and RESTful APIs
● Detailed understanding of how to reach appropriate test coverage for React apps
● Familiarity with Redux, Firebase, JSON:API/Graphiti is a plus
● Curiosity and eagerness to learn
● Pragmatism, a strong will to get things done while working both independently and as a member of a team
● Own the frontend of our bespoke ecommerce subscription platform
● Leading by example – this is a 50:50 leadership/individual contributor role
● Shape the engineering culture and technical best practices of the team
● Architect, design and develop new features on our React web app
● Work closely with the product and design team to plan and deliver our product strategy
● Manage the performance of the frontend engineering team
- Competitive salary depending on experience (up to 100K)
- 50% discount on Mindful Chef boxes delivered to your home + 20% discount for friends and family
- 25 days’ holidays + 8 bank holidays per year
- Professional development £500 budget available for all employees
- Flexible working from home policy
- After 12 months’ service, every team member becomes a shareholder in the business
- Mindful Chef currently provides all employees with a Macbook, a repeater screen, a standing desk and an office chair. We are investing £500k in a new office opening April 2021 with lots of meeting rooms, collaboration spaces, 8 cooking stations, more toilets, showers and a gym.
We’re an equal opportunity employer and all applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.
Mindful Chef started in the summer of 2015 with one mission – to make healthy eating easy. We realised that the easiest way to help people make healthier choices was to deliver them all the ingredients they need to cook a delicious, healthy meal together with a recipe card and we’re delighted that you’re thinking of joining our team.
We’re a young company and a growing team, so there is a fantastic opportunity to learn, enjoy yourself and progress your career here. Every one of the team is a vital part to the success of Mindful Chef and we’d love for you to join.