Clim8 seeks to advance the following United Nations Sustainable Development Goals
Build resilient infrastructure, promote inclusive and sustainable industrialization and foster innovation
Make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable
Ensure availability and sustainable management of water and sanitation for all
Ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all
Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts
Ensure sustainable consumption and production patterns
Conserve and sustainably use the oceans, seas and marine resources for sustainable development
Protect, restore and promote sustainable use of terrestrial ecosystems, sustainably manage forests, combat desertification, and halt and reverse land degradation and halt biodiversity loss
As we grow our product and customer base, we need to harness the data at our disposal to make decisions on where to go next or what to change.
Job RoleReact Native / Full Stack
Salary BandCompetitive salary and equity package
Full-time position. London-based, currently remote.
Clim8 is a platform for sustainable investments. Our mission is to have a positive impact on climate change by empowering people to invest their savings in our Clim8 portfolios.
We are about to release our investment app to the App store and have built up a waitlist of 10,000 Clim8ers.
About the role
As we grow our product and customer base, we need to harness the data at our disposal to make decisions on where to go next or what to change. We are looking for a Senior Data Engineer to take ownership of the development of a brand new data platform, someone who is not afraid of taking decisions and implementing them.
You will take responsibility for building a data platform from scratch and managing our data in a way it can be used to drive insights and value. This could include anything from building a data warehouse and implementing any necessary tooling, to creating dashboards and developing reports. Whatever it takes to facilitate everyone making data-driven decisions.
This role will have a strong influence on the company’s direction by providing insightful analysis of complex data. This will be a great opportunity both to learn in a cause driven fintech environment and make an impact on a small and rapidly growing start-up.
We’re looking for an ambitious, hands-on Full Stack senior engineer with React Native knowledge and willing to expand knowledge in the devops space. As a member of our engineering team, you will be responsible for quick and high quality delivery of all of Clim8’s technical best practices.
You’ll be immersed in an agile environment, working closely with the Director of Engineering, Product and Marketing teams to build, scale, and optimise our customer experience.
In addition to delivering our mobile apps and third-party integrations, you will support Clim8’s leadership in hiring and establishing a strong engineering team.
- Experience with React Native.
- Experience with Git or other similar distributed SCM systems.
- Solid experience with test automation.
- Solid experience with integrating with REST APIs and keen to dig deeper into the stack.
- Experience with building highly-scalable and well-performing mobile apps.
- Experience of working in cloud-based, continuous deployment-type environments.
- Familiarity with the terminal, AWS, CD/CI, Jenkins.
Nice to have
- Good understanding of AWS, Docker, Kubernetes.
- Experience with Detox, Cucumber and BDD.
- Experience with Java or C# or C++.
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Experience with CD/CI in Gitlab.
- Have used Maven and Spring Frameworks.
- Firm understanding of software development principles, capabilities and limitations of mobile platforms (iOS and Android).
- Familiarity with agile methodologies for continuous delivery and improvement.
A bit about you
- You’re passionate about software development and user experience.
- Your code reads like well-written prose.
- You consider working in a safe and friendly environment important.
- Strong sense of ownership.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices.
- Start-up experience.
- Passionate about making a difference on climate change.
- Competitive salary and equity package.
- Modern office space with complimentary access to the gym.
- Flexible working.
- Birthday off.