Mindful Chef seeks to advance the following United Nations Sustainable Development Goals
End poverty in all its forms everywhere
End hunger, achieve food security and improved nutrition and promote sustainable agriculture
Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages
Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls
Build resilient infrastructure, promote inclusive and sustainable industrialization and foster innovation
Reduce inequality within and among countries
Make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable
Ensure sustainable consumption and production patterns
Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts
Strengthen the means of implementation and revitalize the global partnership for sustainable development
Other jobs you might be
Digital Marketing Manager Minor Figures
QA Engineer Mindful Chef
Product Manager Mindful Chef
Data Engineer / Analyst Mindful Chef
Lead Frontend Engineer Mindful Chef
Frontend Engineer Mindful Chef
Office Manager Mindful Chef
Digital Growth Manager Mindful Chef
Operations Executive Rubies in the Rubble
An exciting opportunity to join the UK’s fastest growing and most loved recipe box company.
Job RoleBuying & Online Merchandiser (Frozen)
Salary BandCompetitive depending on experience (up to £45K)
IndustryFood & Beverage
Permanent employee, Full-time
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
An exciting opportunity to join the UK’s fastest growing and most loved recipe box company. Since starting in 2015 Mindful Chef has gone on to deliver over 5 million meals across the UK. The business has shot to the top of Trustpilot’s rankings making it officially the UK’s #1 rated recipe box and has the backing of big investors including Nestle. This is a rare opportunity to join this close-knit team with big ambitions.
A proud B Corp we focus on using business as a force for good, balancing people and planet with profit. We are looking for a Buying & Online Merchandiser to join our Frozen team. This is an exciting time to join the team, as we have ambitious growth plans for both our D2C and B2B business model.
If you would like to join one of the UK’s fastest growing startups and make a positive impact on people’s lives, we would love to hear from you.
- Be responsible for ensuring your supply base and the product range is optimised, proactively using data and analysis to maximise performance to and drive sales, profitability, and growth.
- Be responsible the merchandising and trading of our frozen FMCG range on our Shopify site.
- Manage supplier performance, identify potential new suppliers, and build long term supplier relationships
- Conduct regular competitor website visits and review customer insight and food trends
- Provide the Mindful Chef sales team with the commercial tools to gain listings for our frozen and FMCG products in other retail outlets.
- Analyse commercial performance and monitor customers’ feedback to optimise the customer journey and experience.
- 1 – 3 years previous buying experience in food retail
- Good understanding of online merchandising and trading
- Strong negotiation skills and commercial acumen
- Strong numerical and analytical skills including Advanced Excel
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Experience with Adobe Analytics
- Ability to communicate and influence a wide range of audiences
- Competitive salary depending on experience (up to £45K)
- 50% discount on Mindful Chef boxes delivered to your home + 20% discount for friends and family
- 25 days’ holidays + 8 bank holidays per year
- Professional development £500 budget available for all employees
- Flexible working from home policy
- After 12 months’ service, every team member becomes a shareholder in the business
- Mindful Chef currently provides all employees with a MacBook, a repeater screen, a standing desk and an office chair. We are investing £500k in a new office opening April 2021 with lots of meeting rooms, collaboration spaces, 8 cooking stations, more toilets, showers and a gym.
We’re an equal opportunity employer and all applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.
Mindful Chef started in the summer of 2015 with one mission – to make healthy eating easy. We realised that the easiest way to help people make healthier choices was to deliver them all the ingredients they need to cook a delicious, healthy meal together with a recipe card and we’re delighted that you’re thinking of joining our team.
We’re a young company and a growing team, so there is a fantastic opportunity to learn, enjoy yourself and progress your career here. Every one of the team is a vital part to the success of Mindful Chef and we’d love for you to join.
Ready to Apply?Apply Now
Other jobs openings at
QA EngineerLondon Find out more
Product ManagerLondon Find out more
Data Engineer / AnalystLondon Find out more
Lead Frontend EngineerLondon Find out more
Frontend EngineerLondon Find out more
Office ManagerLondon Find out more
Digital Growth ManagerLondon Find out more