BLANC seeks to advance the following United Nations Sustainable Development Goals
Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages
Ensure availability and sustainable management of water and sanitation for all
Make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable
This is a vital and exciting role, where the ideal candidate should be an excellent creative communicator and have a passion for maximising value from digital platforms.
Job LevelEntry Level
Not many people know, but conventional dry cleaning is extremely toxic. Despite its name, conventional dry cleaning is neither dry nor clean, as this process includes soaking the garments in solvent-based cleaners.
At BLANC, we want to change that. We are transforming the business of garment care and the wider fashion industry – introducing an eco-friendly and sustainable alternative to conventional toxic dry cleaning, which delivers a better quality clean and is kinder to your skin, your clothes and our planet.
BLANC is a tech-enabled aftercare specialist offering eco cleaning, tailoring and laundry services. We have an online Home pick up & delivery service, as well as stores in central London and a large Atelier in West London (where all the fun stuff happens).
Since launching in 2013 we have cleaned close to a million garments and served 20,000 customers across London. As the UK’s fastest-growing natural garment care specialist, we are working with some of the most exciting fashion brands in the world. We are an innovative company with an entrepreneurial spirit and a great passion for everything we do.
Read more about our adventures in Vogue, The Telegraph or The Guardian.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for an entrepreneurial-minded, hard-working, data-driven and customer-focused Digital Marketing Executive to support the implementation and execution of the overall digital marketing strategy.
The Digital Marketing Executive will be reporting to the Marketing Manager and will be able to work independently (we are very stretched and you will be expected to show a lot of initiative), passionate about digital marketing (social media, blogging etc.), and be tenacious and dedicated in your attitude to solving problems – we are very busy and there are many!
- Own & develop content calendar in accordance with yearly Marketing Plan to support BLANC services, new store openings and new online app
- Write and publish bi-monthly blog articles and track performance
- Help with finding and establishing the right online partnerships for our brand
- Creating visual content (including sourcing and taking pictures)
- Liaise with Graphic Designer to support the delivery of digital projects alongside the Marketing Manager, this will include the production of marketing materials such as magazine ads or banners
Website & email marketing
- Support the day to day upkeep of the website and create custom landing pages for seasonal campaigns
- Suggest new ideas for its development and improvements to UX
- Support the implementation of an SEO strategy and ongoing analysis of keyword ranking to help drive organic traffic, website rank authority whilst keeping up to speed with search engine algorithm changes.
- Use Google Analytics to provide analytical insight to support marketing campaigns and wider website activity.
- Design and execution of email newsletters, including A/B testing & reporting on key KPIs such as opening rate, click through rate, bounce rate.
- Management of our email database in accordance with GDPR
Social media & Influencers marketing
- Create, curate, post and monitor social media content
- Researching emerging social media trends and understanding the changing algorithms to help maximise its effect in a business context
- Monitor social media channels performance and manage related KPIs (reach, engagement, etc), measure ROI and propose short vs. long term actions
- Influencer/ blogger outreach in collaboration with the Marketing Manager
- Community management: interacting & creating engagement on social media
- Suggest tactics to grow our social media presence
- Working closely with the People team to advertise what it is to work for BLANC
- Input into the development of branded templates and common procedures to work across the business to ensure consistency in internal & customer facing collateral
- Share content internally to maintain all employees committed and update them on our activities
- Assist with the organisation of launches and events as directed. Attendance at events would be required periodically
- Regularly monitor the Company’s listings on all portals (incl Google) and ensure they are up to date and meeting best practice guidelines
- Monitor and respond to all digital consumer enquiries (including reviews, in collaboration with our Customer Care team)
- Assist with link building strategy by developing guest blog posts for external websites and blogs
- Follow up and share press features and mentions
- Excellent written English communication skills – creative experience of writing blog posts and high performing social media copy
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of social media platforms (including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube)
- Meticulous attention to detail with an eye for great design and proofreading skills are essential
- Project Management skills – ability to plan, prioritise and to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Comfortable working independently, as well as in a team – able to ‘pick up and run’ with projects when necessary
- Experience with a Marketing email platform such as Mailchimp) is a plus
- Basic knowledge of HTML and SEO best practices is a plus
- Passionate about sustainability
- Team spirit and “can do” attitude
- Degree-level educated
- Excellent command of English to native speaker level
- Right to work in the UK
What’s in it for you
- Be part of a company which places environmental and social values at the heart of everything
- Become one of the early stage employees in the industry’s fastest growing natural dry-cleaning company
- Have the ability to really impact and shape the Marketing department
- Open, respectful, fun company culture
- Recreation / Staff Area with free organic fruit, coffee, tea, milk (and usually lots of birthday cakes!)
- Fun working environment with regular social events
- Annual summer and Christmas parties
- BLANC was created by challenging the standard, something we have kept on doing ever since – both the dry cleaning industry as well as each other. We are working hard to build a business that makes a difference to the world we live in — and it’s incredibly rewarding. If you side with our values and want to commit to a company full of possibilities, we’d love to have you!