BLANC – Business Development Assistant
Not many people know, but conventional dry cleaning is extremely toxic. Despite its name, conventional dry cleaning is neither dry nor clean, as this process includes soaking the garments in solvent-based cleaners.
Support our mission of being London’s leading and most admired venture firm by supporting our founders to embed ambitious growth marketing strategies and practices with a measurably positive impact.
At BLANC, we want to change that. We are transforming the business of garment care and the wider fashion industry – introducing an eco-friendly and sustainable alternative to conventional toxic dry cleaning, which delivers a better quality clean and is kinder to your skin, your clothes and our planet.
BLANC is a tech-enabled aftercare specialist offering eco cleaning, tailoring and laundry services. We have an online Home pick up & delivery service, as well as stores in central London and a large Atelier in West London (where all the fun stuff happens).
Since launching in 2013 we have cleaned close to a million garments and served 20,000 customers across London. As the UK’s fastest-growing natural garment care specialist, we are working with some of the most exciting fashion brands in the world. We are an innovative company with an entrepreneurial spirit and a great passion for everything we do.
Read more about our adventures in Vogue, The Telegraph or The Guardian.
- Pitching new corporate customers, implementing and maintaining long-term relationships with key accounts (our B2B clients)
- Developing partnerships with other brands and suppliers
- Developing strategies to boost deliveries
- Organising trade shows and other key brand events
- Gathering customer feedback to aid product development and user experience
- Researching ideas that could help support the development of the brand
- Developing new sales strategies to attract new customers in our stores (our B2C clients)
- Analysing sales and company’s results on a regular basis, identifying trends, developing and implementing relevant strategies
- Managing own work priorities and activities against known business plans to ensure optimal achievement of company goals
- Positively represent the company to ensure business opportunities are maximised
- Providing support to own line manager and wider business as necessary to maintain the effective function of the office
- Confident, with excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Professional and personable
- Computer literate
- Drive and enthusiasm
- Strong negotiating skills; able to influence and persuade others
- Organised, able to plan and be methodical - proactive when necessary
- Resilient and calm under pressure
- Attention to detail
- Financial and analytical skills required, Excel fluent
- A hands-on mentality and a ‘can do’ attitude
- Right to work in the UK
- Being green-minded is a plus!
Whats in it for you?
- Become one of the early-stage employees in the industry’s fastest-growing natural garment care company
- Be part of a company which places environmental and social values at the heart of everything we do
- Open, respectful and fun company culture with Summer and Christmas parties
- Learn about designers, fabrics and garment care technology - no job in fashion sees such an extensive variety of designs!
- Recreation / Staff Area with free organic fruit, coffee, tea, milk (and usually lots of birthday cakes!)
- Attractive compensation