UK100 – Network Membership Director
The purpose of this role is to develop UK100’s network of over 100 local leaders, and their staff, who are committed to taking ambitious action to tackle air pollution and the Climate Emergency.
We are looking for an ambitious and energetic Network Membership Director to deploy political insight and use outstanding collaboration skills to develop UK100’s network and enable ambitious action from local leaders and their staff.
- Lead UK100’s work that develops and manages a network of elected local leaders and their teams, supporting our members to share policy expertise and best practice, and convening them to advocate for greater local action on climate and clean air.
- Lead UK100’s membership pledge programme that secures leaders’ commitment to ambitious action towards Net Zero climate emissions - and develop support for them to deliver against it, with regular meetings, communications and research.
- Manage two UK100 Political Advisors to develop and deliver effective engagement across the political spectrum at local and national level, maintaining a voice for local government in the climate conversation.
- Manage UK100’s Countryside Climate Network of Local Leaders
- Map and implement actions that enable countryside and rural issues to be appropriately represented in UK100’s communications, advocacy and wider work.
- Manage a “Local Power In Action” Programme Manager (to be recruited) that will oversee a programme of work to provide tailored support for Local Authorities wanting to drive substantial, tangible progress towards Net Zero and clean air.
- Work with UK100’s communications team to deliver a programme of communication that supports and engages UK100’s membership
- Support the development of UK100’s CRM database
- Manage impactful projects: to time, on budget and that meet agreed Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Ensuring UK100 is effective and successful by providing strategic input as part of the Senior Leadership team
- Represent UK100 at meetings and public events to promote ambitious action to tackle air pollution and the Climate Emergency from Local Authorities, national Government and business.
Place in organisational structure
The post holder will:
- Be part of the Senior Leadership Team
- Report to the UK100 Director
- Manage two Political Advisors
- Manage a Local Power Partnership Manager (to be recruited)
- Work closely with the Director, Policy Director, Campaigns Manager and Programmes & Operations Manager
Relevant business and corporates
NGO’s and partner organisations
Parliamentary and local government offices
Relevant Local Authority officers
The postholder can be based in the UK100 London office, and will be expected to be flexible in the ways hours are worked. Some travel around the UK will be required.
This job description does not form part of the contract of employment, but indicates how that contract should be performed. The job description may be subject to amendment in the light of experience and in consultation with the post holder.
Date last revised:
- Strong understanding of relevant policy and politics re: air pollution and Climate Emergency
- Understanding of the structures of local government
- Understanding of local opportunities and challenges for action on air pollution and the climate emergency
- Understanding of relevant organisational best practice and the systems and processes that support it.
- Policy Development
- Working in partnership with others and wider relationship management
- Working in a lobbying or advocacy role
Skills and abilities:
- Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships
- Effective project management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to represent the organisation with external
- Committed to the vision of UK100
28th February 2021 23.59 GMT
To be held virtually on week commencing 8th March 2021
Please send a CV (max 2 pages) and a cover letter that sets out how you would take forward the role and what you see as the main priorities (max 1 page) to: